Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Back again

After the post the other day about hitting the road that's exactly what I did over the last long weekend, now I'm back in two ways; physically, and virtually: my internet connection had been in and out for the better part of a week.



Lenny and I loaded up the bikes and went for a roam around the Riverland for a few days, the weather wasn't too kind to us for the first two days, the sky was persistently grey and and the rain was intermittent, but the scenery was great and the roads were occasionally interesting.



One of the most intriguing things I saw along the way was this 24 hour tourist information kiosk in Renmark. Nothing about the content was particularly interesting (to us) but the interface was new to me. It consisted of an adhesive film on the inside of the window that functioned as a touch pad connected to the main computer, quite a nice way to solve the access/vandalism trade-off.

No comments: