Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bike Street Art



Local photographer Robert Geh contacted me after finding my post on the Franklin Street paste ups, he is trying to document as many of these pieces before they are each torn down to make way for advertising. As you can see from the fantastic photos he sent me, he is more then up to the task of capturing these images, so if any of you local cats spy any bike, or environmentally themed pastes around the Adelaide streets be sure to comment on this post and we'll send him on his mission.



6 comments:

Eeno said...

There is an 'Einstein On A Bike' cutout in a window on the corner of Gawler pl and North tce. It may actually be behind the glass.

Dan said...

There was also the guy wearing the "carbon foot print" T the other night, he said it came from Urban Cow, I'm intending to go in and see if they know about the artist.

Dan said...

there is one of the bikes on the side of the Target car park on Rundle street.

Dan said...

more sightings:
side of Ekerslys building on Frome.
the same fence on Franklin.
Side of a building next to a vacant block on Angus near vic sq.

Anonymous said...

i saw them too.. any meaning?

Dan said...

I've not spoken to the artist, though someone gave me their name and I lost it, but as far as I can tell/assume it's a form of bicycle advocacy. Just getting bikes into peoples field of view in an interesting way to prompt discussion, such as we are doing now.