Saturday, March 13, 2010

Hubless BMX

I needed to post something to get that damn monster truck .gif away from the top of the screen, so I randomly scrolled through the stupid number of tabs* I have open and landed on this:

This is the first time I have seen a hubless concept and not been completely aghast at the stupidity of the whole idea.
Note that I said 'completely, but at least this pretty picture shows the frame and fork connecting to the rim at the ground, rather than the top as most do. This addresses the loss of strength of a spokeless wheel by providing support at the point of impact. Most of these types of design seem to forget that the spokes do more than merely connecting the rim to the axle, they provide a generous portion of the wheel's strength.

Zigzain via Arkitip

*flosculation was intended to alleviate this issue but it seems I have more to say than I thought....

No comments: